CHARTERS TOWERS MARKET REPORT
Wednesday – 1st April, 2020
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 3,119 head. Cattle consisted of 1,536 Prime Cattle and 1,583 Store Cattle.
The Prime Cattle consisted of 220 Bullocks, 288 Heifers, 805 Cows and 223 Bulls.
Store Cattle consisted of 879 Steers, 647 Heifers and 57 Cows & Calves.
Cattle comprised of smaller lines of covered Bullocks, while most of the Cows presented with a good amount of cover. Both Bullocks and Cows sold to good competition from the four processors that were present. The yarding was drawn from Georgetown, Forsayth, Einasleigh, Greenvale, Belyando, Hughenden, as well as local and coastal areas.
Bullocks were quoted 8-10¢ dearer, Heifers were 3-5¢ dearer, Cows were 8-10¢ dearer and Bulls were 6¢ easier compared to last week’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||190||55.0||280.4||317.2|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 440kg||281||70.0||239.0||290.2|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||367||60.0||183.3||244.2|
|Bulls||Medium||Up to 450kg||149||158.2||252.7||272.2|
- Bullocks topped at 317.2¢/kg, sold on a/c Mt Douglas Pastoral Co, weighing 600kg to return $1,903 per head.
- Best priced Trade Heifers were presented on a/c Big Country Helicopters, that sold for 290.2¢/kg and weighed 415kg to return $1,204 per head.
- The top pen of Cows were sold by Cargoon Qld Pty Ltd, for 250.2¢/kg and weighed 545kg to return $1,364 per head.
- Bulls sold on a/c KJ & SH Boyd, topped at 320.2¢/kg and weighed 573kg, to return $1,834 per head.
Store Cattle comprised of good quality smaller lines of Steers and Heifers that sold to healthy competition from restockers, feedlots and processors.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Up to 200kg||193||150.0||288.4||318.2|
|200 – 320kg||440||150.0||285.5||332.2|
|320 – 400kg||239||180.0||280.7||330.2|
|Up to 200kg||172||180.0||221.3||238.2|
|200 – 320kg||412||126.2||228.4||262.2|
|320 – 370kg||61||174.2||226.7||247.2|
- A pen of 7 Steers a/c ET Walsh, made 332.2¢/kg and weighed 291kg, to return an average of $967 per head.
- A good pen of 15 Heifers on a/c Kanda NT P/L, made 260.2¢/kg, weighed 293kg returning an average of $762 per head.
- 25 Cows and Calves sold on a/c TN & LE Bethel, returned $810 per unit.
To read the full market report-Charters Towers Market Report 01.04.20