CHARTERS TOWERS MARKET REPORT
Wednesday – 15th May, 2019
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 1,709 head. Cattle consisted of 922 Prime Cattle and 787 Store Cattle. The Prime Cattle consisted of 132 Bullocks, 79 Heifers, 604 Cows and 107 Bulls. Store Cattle consisted of 425 Steers, 207 Heifers and 155 Cows & Calves.
Cattle comprised of smaller runs of well finished Prime Cattle with a fair yarding of just off the pace Cows. The yarding was drawn from Georgetown, Greenvale, Hughenden, Tully, local and coastal areas.
Heavy Bullocks were quoted as 15¢ dearer, Heifers were 20¢ easier, Cows were 20¢ easier and Bulls were 10¢ dearer compared to last week’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Medium||Up to 500kg||58||128.2||249.0||294.2|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 440kg||70||130.0||167.1||190.2|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||108||20.0||98.8||160.0|
|Bulls||Medium||Up to 450kg||58||100.0||245.0||288.2|
- Seven Bullocks topped at 295.2¢/kg, sold on a/c KA Knuth, that weighed 611kg to return $1,804 per head.
- Best priced Trade Heifers were presented on a/c Mickan Contracting, that sold for 180.2¢/kg and weighed 430kg to return $775 per head.
- The top pen of Cows were sold by Hillgrove Pastoral, Hillgrove Station, Charters Towers, for 180.0¢/kg and weighed 553kg to return $995 per head.
- Bulls sold on a/c LD Knuth & Co Trust, St. Pauls Station, Charters Towers, topped at 291.2¢/kg and weighed 705kg, to return $2,053 per head.
Store Cattle comprised of fewer big lines of one brand with quality Cattle selling to high demand.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers||Up to 200kg||47||100.0||280.7||288.2|
|200 – 320kg||282||56.2||251.2||286.2|
|320 – 400kg||86||40.0||244.2||260.2|
|Heifers||Up to 200kg||15||40.0||124.8||177.2|
|200 – 320kg||191||50.0||152.4||178.2|
|320 – 370kg||1||102.2||102.2||102.2|
- A pen of Steers a/c AG & SA Ryan, made 262.2¢/kg and weighed 414kg, returning an average of $1,086 per head.
- A good pen of 11 Heifers a/c GR Brown, made 178.2¢/kg, weighed 251kg & returned an average of $447 per head.
- 27 Cows & Calves sold on a/c GR Brown, returned $860 per unit.
- To read the full market report-Charters Towers Market Report 150519