CHARTERS TOWERS MARKET REPORT
Wednesday – 20th November, 2019
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 2394 head. Cattle consisted of 1635 Prime Cattle and 759 Store Cattle. The Prime Cattle consisted of 294 Bullocks, 170 Heifers, 767 Cows and 275 Bulls. Store Cattle consisted of 344 Steers, 415 Heifers and 10 Cows & Calves.
Cattle comprised of large runs of cows with good quality on offer with heavier fat cattle making majority of the yarding, with isolated quality store making up the balance, cattle were drawn from a large area including Borroloola, Burketown, Georgetown, Richmond, Hughenden, Mt Surprise, Ingham, Bellyando, local and coastal areas.
Bullocks were quoted as 15-20¢ easier, Heifers were 5-10c easier, cows were 10-15c easier, and bulls were firm on last week’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||212||120.0||262.6||301.2|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 440kg||156||140||249.5||278.2|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||296||10||163.4||229.2|
|Bulls||Medium||Up to 450kg||269||20||218.5||219.2|
- Bullocks topped at 326 c/kg, for 2 Ox sold on a/c Allsoul’s and St Gabriel’s School that weighed 530kg to return $1728 per head.
- Best priced Trade Heifers were presented on a/c Mt Douglas Pastoral Co that sold 290.2¢/kg and weighed 513kg to return $1487 per head.
- The top pen of Cows were sold by Mt Douglas Pastoral Company for 259.2¢/kg and weighed 606kg to return $1570 per head.
- Bulls sold on a/c Philipson Holdings topped at 319.2¢/kg and weighed 710kg, to return $2266.32 per head.
Store cattle were very mixed in quality and were priced accordingly. There was limited but strong buying panel presented with resulting in firm outcome in general, despite the seasonal conditions.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers||Up to 200kg||30||278.2||282.1||308.2|
|200 – 320kg||226||50||223.6||304.2|
|320 – 400kg||87||194.2||268.2||288.2|
|Heifers||Up to 200kg||152||80||209.8||262.2|
|200 – 320kg||194||50||225.6||256.2|
|320 – 370kg||67||198.2||245.8||256.2|
- A pen of 15 Steers a/c CP & NA Ferguson made 286.2¢/kg and weighed 379kg, returning an average of $1085.65 per head, a run of 24 steers made 304.2c/kg and weighed 208kg, returning an average of 632.74c/kg.
- A pen of 35 Heifers a/c G&C Connolly made 262.2¢/kg, weighed 159kg & returned an average of $416.90 per head.
- A pen of 17 Heifers a/c Marsu Investments made $248.2c/kg, weighed 355kg to return $880.38c/kg.
To read the full market report-Market Report 201119