CHARTERS TOWERS MARKET REPORT
CHARTERS TOWERS SALE 17th July, 2019
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 1107 cattle, consisting of 537 prime cattle & 570 store cattle. The prime cattle consisted of 154 bullocks, 34 heifers, 279 cows and 70 bulls.
The store cattle consisted of 356 steers, 198 heifers and 16 x 16 cows & calves.
Cattle comprised of a wide & varied yarding of cattle, with many lots mixed quality & condition. Some isolated pens of good quality cattle.
The yarding was drawn from Croydon, Cloncurry, Mt Garnet, Collinsville, Mt Surprise, Hughenden, local & coastal areas.
Bullocks were quoted unchanged, heifers were unchanged, cows were 5-10¢ dearer & bulls unchanged on last week’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||127||140||254||286|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 440kg||30||130||199||225|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||115||5||108||170|
|Bulls||Medium||Up to 450kg||143||83||248||282|
- Bullocks topped at 289 ¢/kg sold on A/C HT & E Lavery, Springvale Stn, Charters Towers that weighed 583 to return $1684 per
- Best priced trade heifers were presented on A/C R & L Braes, Haven Downs Winton, that sold for 231¢/kg and weighed 520 to return $1202 per
- The top pen of cows were sold by A Steadman Hughenden for 204 ¢/kg, weighing 543kg to return $1109 per head.
- Bulls sold on A/C R & L Braes, Haven Downs Winton topped at 285 ¢/kg, weighed 700kg to return $2139 per head.
Store cattle presented comprised of some lines of very good quality cattle which sold to spirited bidding. Balance of yarding was of mixed quality & condition and sold accordingly.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Up to 200kg||27||60||242||279|
|200 – 320kg||136||88||265||290|
|320 – 400kg||102||80||250||275|
|Heifers||Up to 200kg||112||80||212||270|
|200 – 320kg||58||30||155||202|
|320 – 370kg||18||179||200||210|
- A pen of 9 steers A/C JH & L Smith, Woodstock made 290¢/kg and weighed 258kg, returning an average of $748 per head.
- 72 very good quality grey Brahman heifers A/c MG &HJ Bredden, Lakeview Charters Towers, made 230 ¢/kg, weighed 186kg returning $428 per head.
- Small lots of heifers sold to top the sale at 270 ¢/kg.
- Small lots of cows & calves sold from $700-$800 per
To read the full market report-MARKET REPORT CHARTERS TOWERS SALE 17th July