CHARTERS TOWERS MARKET REPORT
Wednesday – 20th March, 2019
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 519 hd . Consisting of 61 Prime Cattle and 458 Store Cattle. The Prime Cattle consisted of 4 Bullocks, 9 Heifers, 25 Cows and 23 Bulls. Store Cattle consisted of 296 Steers, 125 Heifers and 14 mickeys and 23 Cows & Calves. Prime Cattle were very limited in this week’s sale with insufficient numbers to quote. The yarding was drawn from Einasleigh and local areas.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 440kg||9||146.2||150.1||151.2|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||9||80.0||144.1||169.2|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||0|
|Bulls||Medium||Up to 450kg||6||160.0||229.5||262.2|
- Bullocks topped at 232.2¢/kg for 4 Bullocks sold on a/c ML FUBER that weighed 525kg to return $1219 per head.
- Best priced Trade Heifers were presented on a/c ML FUBER that sold for 151.2¢/kg and weighed 400kg to return $556 per head.
- The top pen of Cows were a pen of 10 Brahman X cows sold by ML FUBER for 162.2¢/kg, weighing 435kg to return $705 per head.
- Bulls sold on a/c ML FUBER, topped at 268.2¢/kg and weighed 650kg to return $1743 per head.
The 458 Store Cattle generally were firm on last weeks sale despite a considerably smaller yarding a large line of store steers met with good competition and sold at similar rates to last week. The Store Cattle yarded today consisted of good lines of store steers with a mixed quality of heifers and 2 good pens of cows and calves.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers||Up to 200kg||5||258.2||263.1||264.2|
|200 – 320kg||270||200||249.3||280.2|
|320 – 400kg||21||184.2||251.6||259.2|
|Mickeys||Up to 400kg||14||210.2||239.0||242.2|
Up to 200kg
|200 – 320kg||85||120.0||167.0||216.2|
|320 – 370kg||19||138.2||179.1||216.2|
- A pen of 7 Steers a/c CC & T ARCHER made 280.2¢/kg and weighed 213kg, returning an average of $596 per head.
- A good pen of 6 Heifers on a/c RD & LA FRENCH made 220.2¢/kg, weighed 150kg returned $330 per head.
- A good pen of 9 heifers on a/c TOWNSVILLE CORRECTIONAL CENTRE made 2¢/kg, weighed 347.8kg to return $752.00
- 12 Cows & Calves sold to $1020 on a/c LT & CP CURLEY.
To read the full market report-Charters Towers Market Report 20.03.19