CHARTERS TOWERS MARKET REPORT
Wednesday – 16th January 2019
Charters Towers Combined Agents yarded a total of 1146 cattle consisting of 299 Prime Cattle and 847 Store Cattle. The Prime Cattle consisted of 71 Bullocks, 14 Heifers, 195 Cows and 19 Bulls. Store Cattle yarded: 494 Steers, 340 Heifers, 5 Mickey Bulls and 8 Cows & Calves. Cattle comprised of very few well finished cattle with most showing the signs of the prolonged dry. Good Prime Cattle were met with strong demand with the balance all falling in value since last year. The yarding was drawn from Richmond, Hughenden and local and coastal areas.
Bullocks were quoted 10¢ easier, Heifers were unchanged, Cows were 10-20¢ easier and Bulls were 20-30¢ easier on last sale’s rates.
|Description||Category||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Steers & Bullocks||Medium||Up to 500kg||65||140||217||275|
|Heifers||Medium||Up to 440kg||13||170||194||256|
|Cows||Medium||Up to 400kg||108||68||130||205|
|Bulls||Medium||Up to 450kg||15||140||203||250|
- Bullocks topped at 286¢/kg sold on a/c T Whitten, “May Downs”, Hughenden that weighed 540kg to return $1545 per head.
- Best priced Trade Heifers were presented on a/c PL Corfield, Charters Towers that sold for 256¢/kg and weighed 440kg to return $1127 per head.
- The top pen of Cows was sold by G Shaw, Richmond for 231¢/kg weighing 610kg to return $1410 per head.
- Bulls sold on a/c Pedracini Grazing Trust, “Liontown”, Charters Towers topped at 248¢/kg and weighed 630kg to return $1563 per head.
Store cattle were quality lines of Steers and Heifers all showing the signs from the drier season. Restockers were limited with prices falling across all descriptions.
|Description||Wt. Range kg||Head||Price in cents/kg|
|Up to 200kg||92||100||245||277|
|200 – 320kg||352||100||242||258|
|320 – 400kg||50||150||248||257|
|Mickeys||Up to 400kg||5||–||154||–|
|Heifers||Up to 200kg||144||50||149||175|
|200 – 320kg||179||110||170||200|
|320 – 370kg||17||144||169||182|
- A pen of 15 steers a/c Lestree Down Past Co, Urdera, Charters Towers made 277¢/kg and weighed 175kg, returning and average of $485 per head.
- A good pen of 11 Heifers a/c T&S Pratt, McKinlay, Julia Creek made 200¢/kg, weighed 263kg returning $526 per head.
- 8 x 8 Cows and Calves sold on a/c Mickan Pastoral Co returned $530 per unit.
To read the full market report-Charters Towers Market Report 160119